Safety and Security
FEA cares about you and wants you to be safe while at and when traveling to and from its events.
Here are some safety reminders:
- Beware of travel scams.
- Take care in choosing ground transportation.
- Write down emergency information.
- Have list of medications and medical issues.
- Share your itinerary.
- Take pictures of and Lock up valuables.
- Hide emergency cash/don’t flash valuables.
- Use RFID blockers.
- Learn self-defense.
- Stay sober (relatively sober, anyway).
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Look for exits every time you enter a building.
- Review hotel evacuation route.
- Choose a consistent place to keep your room key card.
- Buddy up. Have someone who knows what you’re doing/where you’re going at all times.
- Don’t talk too much to strangers.
- Avoid oversharing (online or otherwise).
- Steer clear of animals.
- Consider subscribing to www.safetrekapp.com.
- Consider purchasing an alarm devise like this hotel door alarm.