How Was the CES® Program Developed?
The eligibility requirements and examination materials for the CES® Program were developed by a national panel of experts, the CES® Certification Council. They established criteria for necessary work experience, identified the body of knowledge for 1031 exchange accommodation and determined the content areas appropriate for the examination.
A professional consultant is retained to provide assistance with the development of the examination. The consultant specializes in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of such certification programs.
The CES® examination has been designed to meet testing industry standards for validity and reliability. All questions are written by 1031 exchange specialists and reviewed by a panel of experts prior to being selected for the examination.
What Is the Purpose of the CES® Program?
The purposes of the CES® Program are to:
- establish nationally recognized standards of knowledge for 1031 exchange specialists;
- assess the level of knowledge demonstrated by 1031 exchange specialists in a valid and reliable manner;
- encourage professional development in the 1031 exchange accommodation field;
- formally recognize individuals who meet the requirements set by the CES® Certification Council; and
- serve the public by encouraging quality 1031 exchange accommodation services.
The CES® Certification Council, with the assistance and advice of professionals in relevant fields, has developed a credential that recognizes accepted levels of expertise in the industry with the goal of improving professional standards in 1031 exchange services. The CES® Certification Council welcomes constructive comments and suggestions from the public and the qualified intermediary community.
Visit the CES® website for more information