FEA Celebrates 30 Years of 1031 Exchange Professionalism
Celebrating 30 Years and Counting
Over the past 30 years, together we have created, built and sustained the 1031 industry and the Federation of Exchange Accommodators. Take a look at these historical highlights going back to the beginning and take a journey through the years:
- Historical Highlight #1 - The 1980's marks the beginning of collaboration among like-minded professionals formed in response to the growing number of 1031 exchanges.
- Historical Highlight #2 - By 1990 practitioners across various vibrant sections of the Western states were asking the same questions.
- Historical Highlight #3 - Mid-1990's, the FEA then started receiving requests for information from far beyond the California and Oregon borders as the business moved East.
- Historical Highlight #4 - In 2000, the FEA membership overwhelming voted to proceed with a voluntary certification program. The inaugural CES® examination was administered on May 15, 2003 in Washington, D.C.
- Historical Highlight #5 - By design and with perseverance the FEA has taken an active role in legislation at both the state and national levels for 25 years.
- Historical Highlight #6 - FEA in Battle and on Attack at Capitol Hill
- Historical Highlight #7 - Words of Wisdom over Time: A Few Quotations from FEA Presidents
View our 25th Anniversary Booklet
Visit the FEA YouTube Channel